Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Time to homeschool

After years of debating on whether I should or shouldn't I've overcome my fears (being a SAHM now helps) and am ready to take the steps to home school my little fireball. This has been a long time coming. He's missed countless days of school. We couldn't leave the house and have been a one person working family in fear that the school would call and we would have to get him.

I know one person (a dear friend) expressed her concerns i shouldnt have to homeschool because the public school fail. I don't think they failed. We have made so many trips there we are regulars. We have talked to councilors, teachers, social workers, principals. He has an IEP.  He has outside councilors, therapist, and psychologist. We've tried medicine, changed his meds, added meds, and increased  his dose. I really feel I've tried everything.

I had one person tell me it's not for me. At first I was really sensitive. I feel people think I'm not good enough. I know I am. I've always been a teacher to my kids.

In thinking about this decision I took into account that one on one he is awesome. He loves to learn new things. By himself there is no problem. When he's around others you never know what sets him off.

We will see though.

No comments:

Post a Comment