Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Behavior issues

My youngest son is diagnosed with ADHD and ODD. Unfortunately due to his age there isn't much else they can diagnose him with. This all started when he was in pre-k. We were reluctant to give him medication and ended up pulling him from school. He went through kindergarten and first grade, he was suspended and in trouble several times a week. I felt horrible as a mom. Everything I tried to do to help him didn't work. He was constantly abusing teachers and students for reasoning not even he knows. He has gotten better with the help of great teachers, therapist, and an iep.

So Monday we got a call early morning from the school he was in the principals office once again. That was resolved and the rest of the school day was good. That is until he was on the bus. There he kicked the window, hit his head against it. Hurt other kids and his brothers. The bus driver told me I would be paying for damages if he broke something.

When he came in he continued with the irratic behavior trying to break the door, dumping dresser drawers out, and trying to break things. I got him in to a facility that night. (This would be his second stay in a year, he's 7) The behavior hadn't changed and carried through evaluation.

Ofcourse he is alittle hyper but is doing well during his stay. My sour patch kid is exactly like the commercial. Sour then sweet.  He is so incredibly smart and throughout his difficulty teachers love him.

As a mom I feel bad. I know I do everything I can for him, but I wish I knew what was causing this.

Time will be his best savior. Time to mature. Time to learn self control. I love my baby and I will do anything to make sure he's able to succeed as an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment